Even though you may spend a better part of the entire day with your gaming consoles, it is highly unlikely that you ever decide to clean it. In fact, let me just say that it is highly unlikely that you have even given it a thought. According to a research from Betway casino, it was discovered that PlayStation was the most unclean gaming console to be used by the current generation of gamers.
In fact, the bacterial growth on the buttons and joystick was almost as much as, if not more than, that present on the surface of a kitchen. Compared to this, the Xbox and Nintendo had a relatively lesser bacterial growth, even though it was still there.
If you are still not convinced let me share a few reasons for cleaning your gaming consoles:
- When you don’t clean your gaming consoles regularly, it starts accumulating dirt on it. Now I don’t need to say this but, over time that dirt is going to make your console look extremely unattractive and not something you would want to touch. Additionally, as the dirt continues to pile up, the efficiency of your gaming console will no longer be the way it used to be. Your joystick will probably not move anymore and you will lose the game even before it begins.
- When you use a particular gaming console and at the same time do not clean it sufficiently, it will affect the air intake grilles and the interior fans of the console. Both the parts will get clogged and there will be overheating which will eventually decrease the performance of the system. If you are still not bothered about it, you may find out one fine day that the entire system has completely collapsed and will not work anymore. A less severe consequence would be the longevity of the console being compromised.
- When you use a gaming console laden with dirt, your hands get dirty as well, even though you might think that you have washed your hands before touching the console. The dirt gets on your hand and when you rub your eyes in the spur of the moment, the dirt gets inside your eyes. In other words, a dirty gaming console is not only going to damage your entire gaming system, but it may also affect your health.
Powered by Betway
Now that you have understood the gravity of the situation, it’s better if I discuss a few methods via which you can prevent this from ever happening.
- Dust it properly: As long as you are not playing inside a hermetically sealed room, there are plenty of chances that dust will accumulate on the gaming console. This may include, bits of hair and dead skin, textile and paper fibers, and in some cases even pollen. In order to remove all this, take a duster or a dry cloth and clean the consoles once every week. This will ensure that your gaming consoles do not look gross due to weeks and months of neglect. Cleaning it once a week will be more than enough for you and you can enjoy a clean gaming experience for the rest of the week.
- Cover it up: Once again, as long as you do not keep your gaming consoles in a room that does not possess even a speck of dust, you don’t have to follow this step. But if that is not the case, I suggest that you cover your gaming consoles with a cloth once you are done for the day. You will have to follow the previous step too, but if your gaming consoles are covered, you would probably have to work less while dusting it. It goes without saying that you have to use a clean cloth to cover the game, or else the dust from the cloth will accumulate on the console. One thing that you must keep in mind is that when you are putting a cover on the gaming console, you must disable the power option, or else the game will heat up from inside.
- Use a spray: Light dusting is usually a superficial mode of cleaning and therefore I suggest that since you are actually taking time off to clean the console, why don’t you make it shine? What I mean is that you should get hold of a cleaning spray in order to maintain the glossy exterior of your gaming console, the way it was when you bought it for the first time. Of course, you should know the appropriate way of cleaning, or else you may end up damaging the console. Take a dry cloth and spray a little amount of the cleaning liquid on it. Make sure its damp and NOT dripping. Always unplug the console when you are cleaning it. Keep in mind that the liquid is not supposed to be sprayed directly at the console.
- Wiping the controllers: Even though you may wash your hands before you sit down to play, chances are that there will be some amount of oil on your palms which will accumulate on the controllers if you don’t clean it regularly. Buy a pack of anti-bacterial wipes and clean the controllers well. Make sure that you don’t rattle with the buttons or even the charging ports. You can clean those too by taking a little bit of Isopropyl Alcohol (also present in hand sanitizers) on a cotton swab and just wiping it. To clean the seams of your controllers, take a Q-tip dipped in alcohol, clean the inside, and then dislodge the dirt with a toothpick.
- Keeping the CDs clean: When the inside of your gaming console is filled with dirt, some of it will also stick to the CDs that you insert before starting to play. If you don’t do anything about it, the CDs won’t work anymore. To prevent that from happening take a soft and dry cloth and wipe the disc from the center to the periphery. In case its really gross you can use a damp cloth as well, but make sure you use a dry one immediately afterwards.