What is Lenovo utility?
One of Lenovo’s renowned product programs include Lenovo Utility. Lenovo Utility provides some important functions and facilitates the on screen display of messages. For example, when you press a special key or a key combination then Lenovo Utility will display a message indicating the enabling or disabling of that function. This program runs in the background of Windows and no user interface is displayed regarding its working.
The version of Lenovo Utility that is most commonly used by people around the world include 188.8.131.52. Close to 98% of all Windows installations are making use of this software at present. When Lenovo update Utility is being setup, it creates an enlistment point at the time of system bootup.
This point is a start-up point for Windows before any client begins to boot their system. The program of Lenovo Utility that is executed is referred to as utility.exe. There are five records in the setup bundle which span to almost 2.26 MB. Lenovo Utility is mostly used on Windows 10. You can easiliy install Lenovo Utility from Windows Store for free.
Uses of Lenovo Utility
As a program, Lenovo Utility has multiple uses that can help the users in various ways. These uses also prove why we also need this program for our system. Here are few uses of the Lenovo Utility.
- Lenovo Utility employs a special key function. This function of Lenovo update Utility assists in the on-screen display of messages. The function of this message is to notify us regarding the enabling or disabling of a certain function. Lenovo Utility usually runs in the background and therefore it will not interfere with other activities.
- Lenovo Utility also helps in dealing with other applications on your system. This includes Bluetooth, Dolby settings, WiFi connector and so on. This program also enables you to witness the data on the framework of these apps as well as change the force used. Other applications of Lenovo Utility include backing the hotkeys of a console or number lock or utilizing the touchpad and so on.
- Lenovo Utility also includes an option of power management especially on systems that have been manufactured recently. This is a preloaded application of Lenovo Utility. You can access this application by pressing Caps Lock or even the Number Lock.
- Lenovo Utility also provides the option of camera privacy switch and flight mode among others. This program is generally not in sight of the people. Messages from this app usually appear on the screen.
How to uninstall Lenovo Utility
Sure, Lenovo utility serves its purpose but since it keeps running in the background and takes up memory space, it slows down your system. If you are in a quest to uninstall or disable all the non-important functions to boost the performance of your computer then you can safely uninstall Lenovo update Utility from your Windows computer.
Despite all the numerous uses of Lenovo BIOS setup Utility and the reasons for installing it, users mostly tend to uninstall it after some point. If you happen to be one of them but are not aware of the process, we have got you covered. There are multiple methods of uninstalling Lenovo Utility. You can check out all the methods below and employ anyone of them.
Method 1 – uninstall from Control Panel
- Go to the Start Menu, click the Control Panel.
- There you will find a list of programs that you have installed on your system.
- Right-click the Lenovo Utility option and then choose the uninstall option.
- The screen will direct you to a progress bar and from there you will be able to uninstall Lenovo Utility completely.
Method 2 to uninstall utility.exe Lenovo Utility
You can also uninstall Lenovo update Utility using the unistaller.exe file.
- Open the Installation folder of Lenovo Utility and search for a file that says uninstaller.exe.
- Click on that file twice and follow everything that you see on your screen.
Method 3 – Uninstall using System Restore
This program can also be uninstalled with the help of System Restore. The function of this application is to restore the computer to what it was prior to the installation of Lenovo Utility startup. It can remove any program that poses problems for the proper functioning of the system.
This method will only work if you have created system restore point in Windows before you installed Lenovo update utility software in your computer.
You can uninstall Lenovo BIOS setup Utility if a system restore point is already there for you to use to remove any program that you do not want anymore. But before you take the next step, please ensure that you have saved all the files that you need. Once you do that, you can shut down all programs that are running on your system.
- From Desktop, select the Properties option which will open the System Window.
- Click System Protection on your left to open System Properties.
- Select System Restore to open another window.
- Select a different restore point and choose Next.
- Set the date and time for the options provided on screen.
- Select the Finish option and click on Confirm.
- Select Yes to uninstall Lenovo Utility completely.
Method 4 – Uninstall Lenovo Utility using Antivirus
Lenovo Utility can also be uninstalled with the help of antivirus. Lenovo Utility can be accompanied by significant malware. Some of this malware is a lot like Trojan and spyware and is therefore not easy to remove. This makes it necessary for you to uninstall this program so that the malware is also eliminated.
Use a good antivirus for removing the malware. You can choose to download antivirus software such as Norton Antivirus or AVG antivirus. You can trust these to remove the malware as well as uninstall Lenovo BIOS setup Utility due to their brand reputation.
Method 5 – Uninstalling using Windows Registry
Another option called Command Displayed in Registry can also be employed to uninstall Lenovo Utility. Registry is where you will find all the Windows settings as well as information about them. One of the options you can find here is that of uninstalling any program.
Here is a caveat though. Due to the considerable risk involved in uninstalling Lenovo Utility using this method, it is not preferred by most users. It is important that you be extra cautious while using this method or else your system may end up crashing.
- To execute the procedure, press Windows and R to open the Run command.
- Once the box opens up, type Regedit and press OK.
- Search for the registry key that is applicable for Lenovo Utility.
- An uninstall string will appear on the window next to the one that you are using.
- Click it twice and then copy ‘Value Data’.
- Once again, press Windows and R to open the Run command.
- Paste the copied value data from the previous window and press OK.
From there you will be directed to some other options to uninstall Lenovo update Utility. Follow them properly.
Method 6 – Uninstall Lenovo Utility using Third party uninstaller
You can also uninstall Lenovo Utility with the help of a third-party uninstaller. This is especially suitable for those who are not tech savvy enough to process computer language. Some of the files that you will need to remove are on the hard drive of your system, which is why it is essential that you utilize such software to uninstall Lenovo Utility.