You had saved and liked a few videos on YouTube so that you can watch them later without having to search for them actively. But today when you opened the Liked Videos section, you noticed that some of them have disappeared. Sometimes the owners remove the YouTube videos or the video is not available in your region.
Many times, controversial videos are removed by YouTube if they fail their terms and conditions. Is there a deleted video that you really want to watch but don’t know how to watch deleted YouTube videos? Now that you are here, you will not have to worry again about having to watch deleted YouTube videos.
There are multiple ways to find deleted YouTube videos online. Firstly, if you have the link to the deleted YouTube video then you can just retrieve it from the internet archive. If you don’t have the link then you can use software to find the deleted YouTube video. Let us go through the process of recovering deleted YouTube videos step by step.
Just follow any of the methods discussed below and you will be able to access deleted YouTube videos.
1. Watch deleted YouTube videos with URL
The Internet Archive has been accumulating and arranging websites since 1996. In other words, the current data and layout has been saved by your system. Therefore, this system will also help you to retrieve the deleted YouTube videos.
All you need to watch the deleted YouTube videos are their respective links. You can then use these links on archive.org and access your deleted YouTube videos. The steps to this process are as follows.
- Initially, look for the URL. Some places where you can find it include the YouTube email, or the channel account. The link may also be available in your browser history or YouTube history.
- Check your social media handles in case you had shared it with someone. Many times, you can find it on some fanpages. Even though the video is not working anymore but you can still copy the URL of that video.
- Open archive.org to paste the URL of the deleted YouTube videos and then press return.
- Upon finding the deleted YouTube videos on the archive, you will get to see its details.
- The deleted YouTube videos will not play directly because you will need to download it.
- Right-click on the video and then download it. The deleted YouTube videos have now been restored for you to watch.
The internet archive is useful in recovering any webpage that has been deleted. I have used it many times to find lost information and web content. It stores regular updates of almost all public websites.
2. Watching deleted YouTube videos with no URL
It is possible that even after looking at every possible place you have not been able to get the URL. There is nothing to worry though. Owing to its global village like network, the internet connects everything.
So, there is a chance that the deleted YouTube videos can be retrieved even without having a URL. People are always making duplicate versions of the deleted YouTube videos and releasing them online.
But if you want the one that you had watched, then we need to do some deep diving. It can be slightly complicated than the previous one, but then it won’t be any fun if it wasn’t so, right?
Follow the steps below to access the deleted YouTube videos.
- Type “site: www.youtube.com + name of the deleted YouTube videos” on the Google search bar.
- Google will now give you all the relevant names from the database of the app, bringing you one step closer to retrieving the deleted YouTube videos.
- In case the deleted YouTube videos have been shared on Facebook or social media platforms by others, you can replace YouTube with the social media account in the URL site on the search bar.
- Upon obtaining the URL of the deleted YouTube videos, follow the previous method by pasting the URL on the internet archive. Obtaining the deleted YouTube videos from there on won’t be any difficult.
You can watch the deleted YouTube videos by their modified links. The process is really simple and requires you to follow a few steps. The link modification technique of watching deleted YouTube videos is as follows.
Step 1: Get hold of the link(s) of the deleted YouTube videos. Let us take one for this case in order to understand the process better – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlm5v-vCLRw. The portion of the link after the question mark, that is v=Vlm5v-vCLRw is known as the video ID.
Step 2: You will have to copy this ID and then look for it on Google so that you discover the details of the deleted YouTube videos. Once you have done so, you will be able to retrieve it in no time.
4. Using Recoverit
If you cannot recover deleted YouTube videos via its URL, you can always resort to certain software that does the same. One such software is Recoverit that can be used to retrieve deleted YouTube videos.
Let me walk you through the steps of accessing the deleted YouTube videos with the help of Recoverit.
- Look for the location where you think the video was last seen before it disappeared.
- Follow that up by scanning all the files of that space.
- The deleted YouTube videos will appear on your screen.
- You will also see that there is an option to restore them.
- Do the needful in order to get back the deleted YouTube videos.
Recoverit is a data recovery software from Wondershare. This software is capable of deleting data on your system and on the web. It can also be used to create backups of your data and restore it in the event of data loss.
5. Using Disk Drill
Another software that is equally helpful in retrieving deleted YouTube videos is Disk Drill. The steps to be followed are discussed below.
- Download the software to install it in your PC.
- Choose the drive containing the deleted YouTube videos.
- Click on “Recover” to begin the scan. Disk Drill will now search the videos. You have the option to narrow your search.
- Choose the videos you want to retrieve as well as a location where you can store them. Do not store it in the same place as it might get corrupted.
- Click “Recover” again and this time the files you selected will be restored.
Disk Drill works the same way as Recoverit but if you don’t like Recoverit then you can use this one. It is also a popular data recovery software. Specially, if the data existed in your system but has now been deleted.
The deep scan mode of Disk drill will find the deleted data in no time.
6. Contacting YouTube Support
If you are apprehensive of using software, you always have the option of reaching out to the YouTube support team. They will know what went wrong and fix it immediately to restore the deleted YouTube videos. This is how it is done.
- Log into your account in YouTube.
- Go where it is written “Need more help”. Click on it.
- Click “need creator support”.
- Select your specific category of issue. Go to email support and click on it.
- Click on “Contact Creator Support team”.
Please note, this step will only work if you are not able to watch a YouTube video due to some technical difficulties or the error is on YouTube’s side. If the owner has deliberately removed the video then YouTube can’t help you in that case.
Using the above steps your issues will be resolved soon and you will be able to watch your deleted YouTube videos again. Bookmark this page for future reference in case you ever need to find a deleted YouTube video again.