Are you bored of playing RuneScape? Is there a new game in the market that has caught your fancy? Are you planning to delete RuneScape account so that you can make space for this new game on your device? Well then, you don’t have to worry as we have got your back. We will answer in quick steps how to delete old school Runescape account.
The reasons to delete RuneScape account can be varied. You may want to stop yourself from playing incessantly. Or maybe you want to continue playing but with a different account using the same email address. In any case, you can follow the methods below to delete RuneScape account.
Yes, you can delete your RuneScape or OSRS account permanently or temporarily. It’s your choice. You can either request for the account to be permanently disabled or change the email address. However, there is a way that you can actually delete RuneScape account. Follow these steps to disable or delete RuneScape account or OSRS account.
In general, once you create a RuneScape account, it is sort of irreversible. This was not always the case as there used to be a deletion link previously. But now it has expired or has been removed thereby not allowing gamers to directly delete RuneScape account. So, you must be thinking can you delete a RuneScape account? Yes, you can delete a RuneScape account, you have no way out.
Here’s the good news though! You can always delete RuneScape account if you follow any of the methods provided below. We will mention 3 days to delete RuneScape account.
How to delete a RuneScape account via disabling
The first method that you can try out to delete RuneScape account is through disabling it. Permanently disabling the account is almost similar to deleting the account since you will not be able to access the account anymore. If you had to delete RuneScape account, you would have come across a similar result.
- To delete RuneScape account via disabling, you will first have to prepare an email for Jagex support. The email must be sent from the same address that you have used while creating your account at RuneScape.
In the email, you will have to provide very strong reasons why you want to disable your account. The subject line of the email should be “delete RuneScape account” or “request to delete RuneScape account”.
Make sure that you do not forget to mention all the important details that the Jagex support team will require to delete RuneScape account. This includes your username as well as other information such as your phone number.
- While your job is done here, you will have to wait for a few days as the tech support will take some time to reply. Usually, it is not more than 2 days, so you will not have to wait for long.
And yet, I am counting on your to be a little patient if it stretches an extra day. Another thing that you need to keep in while following the above steps is that this process is irrevocable. Once Jagex has read your email and worked on your request to delete account, you’re done for the day.
You will never be able to access RuneScape account ever again. However, since the username will remain even after the account has been disabled, you can still create a new one with the previous username.
How to delete a RuneScape account by registering another account
One of the reasons gamers cite when they want to delete RuneScape account is using a different email address. If you too want to play from another account, then you will not have to work too hard.
- Firstly, you will have to visit the homepage where you can open up a new account.
- Type in a new email address along with your username and other information required. You have created your new account on RuneScape.
Now, this might look like you did not exactly delete the previous account and instead replaced it with a new one. However, if you look closely, it is not very different from deleting. When you delete RuneScape account, you will not be able to use it anymore.
Here too, you will not be using the previous account anymore. You will of course have the choice too but why would you when you have already created a new account?
How to delete RuneScape account via an affidavit
The two methods that have been discussed above disable and do not exactly delete RuneScape account. You will not be able to access them anymore even though they will continue to exist. If you have had it with RuneScape and don’t want to play anymore, you might be looking for how to delete a RuneScape account permanently.
This one may be a little long even though this is more effective when you want to delete RuneScape account with all its data. You might want to bookmark this page for easy access when you wish to go through these steps to delete your RuneScape account .The steps to follow for this method are enumerated as follows.
- Step 1: Prepare an affidavit to delete RuneScape account. The affidavit is some kind of identification so that the ownership of the account can be verified without a doubt.
- Step 2: While preparing the affidavit you have to ensure that it contains some very important information or else it will not be of any use.
- The information includes your email address, the exact spelling of your username on RuneScape. The affidavit must also mention that you own the account and want to have it deleted.
- Step 3: Once you have prepared the affidavit properly, it needs to be notarized so that it becomes an official document. You will have to take the document to a notary public and have it signed in his presence.
- Step 4: After the document has been signed, you will have to arrange for another set of documents. This includes your passport or driving license for identity proof which you will have to add to the affidavit.
- Step 5: The entire document set is prepared. You are only left to send it to the appropriate people who will look into it and process your request accordingly. You must send the set of documents to this address – Jagex Ltd, Customer Service Team, 220 Science Park, Cambridge CB4 0WA, UK. Once they receive your affidavit they will start working immediately and your RuneScape account will be deleted in no time.
P.S: Hence, like we promised – we delivered. You know what they say about winners like you: when there’s a will, there’s a way. Go delete your runescape account – and get going with the brilliant things you do in life.
Can I delete RuneScape account?
Yes, you can delete RuneScape account. The steps to disable a RuneScape account is very easy. However, to delete a RuneScape account the process is a little bit complicated. Follow these steps to delete as OSRS account.
How to delete a RuneScape account?
To delete RuneScape account, you need to contact Jagex support. Write an email with all your User details and send it from the registered email. The account will be disabled within 2-3 days.
To permanently delete an OSRS account, the process takes a little more effort. Please follow these setps ..
Can I delete my OSRS account?
Yes, you can delete OSRS account temporarily or permanently based on your choice. It is very easy to disable an OSRS account but it is a little bit complicated to delete OSRS account however, don’t worry, we have the steps right here.